Some people take the most beautiful, arty pictures of their knitting, and then, there's me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's the lighting, maybe it's the camera, or maybe I'm just a halfwit with no aesthetic vision, but my knitting photos never come out well. Sadly, I don't really have any ideas for remedying this in the near future, so I'll have to continue posting mediocre-at-best photos. Sigh.
So, without further ado, here we have the front of Mrs. Darcy:
No problems with either side, just had to remain focused to make sure the row counts matched the back, more or less. As you can see, I have button holes on one side, but not the other--I consider this a major accomplishment. I also managed to remember ahead of time to use the appropriate left and right slanting decreases around the neckline--the pattern just says "decrease 1 stitch," and as a decidedly fearful knitter, I usually interpret that to mean k2tog, only remembering rows and rows later the existence of paired decreases.
So, just the sleeves left--with luck, this sweater could be blocking this time next week!
In non-knitting news, Dad had a heart "procedure" on Thursday--nothing so involved as a real surgery--and all went well, but please keep him in your happy thoughts, prayers, ritual sacrifices, etc. He goes back to work tomorrow, and I don't know that working in an all-boys high school is the kind of relaxing environment best suited for individuals with heart concerns. I spent 6 weeks substitute teaching there, and I think my blood pressure has been permanently elevated ever since. ;)