Friday, April 1, 2011

Days 4 and 5

Day 4: Whatever happened to your __________?



There aren't too many items I've lost track of, with the exception of gifts sent along in swaps. I knit primarily for myself and my family. And when knitting for my family, I tend to pester them about the fate of any beloved items I notice they are not wearing--I'm not a very gracious knitted-gift giver. Sometimes I seriously consider breaking into homes during the night to steal back gifts I don't think are being treated right. I haven't done it yet, but . . .

Items I knit for myself are used frequently. Here's what came to work with me today:



No tragic fate has befallen any of my handknits, not even holely socks, but I know it will happen eventually. I'm trying to mentally prepare for it.


Day 5: There are no rules of a topic to blog about, but this post should look at a different way to present content on your blog. This can take one of many forms, but here a few suggestions:


•Wordless, photographic post (oops, missed the boat there)
•Video blog post (I think my colleagues might question my sanity)
•Podcast (ditto)
•Cartoon/sketch of an idea (ummm, I'm finding being in the office kind of limiting; perhaps I should try this topic another day . . . )
•Write about a subject from a different perspective (for example, you could write about a day in the life of a knitted sock from the point of view of the sock). (It's 4pm on a Friday, I have way too little brain cells left for that)
•Interpretive modern dance (heh. no.)
•A poem or piece of rhyming verse (we have a winner!)

A haiku, by yours truly:

My knitting saves me
From boring mainstream clothing
White socks are no fun

No comments :