Thursday, August 22, 2013

Finish Up Summer: Dealing with Distractions

IMG_5333

It will probably come as no surprise to anyone that I'm failing this "Finish Up Summer" thing miserably.

The one thing I have finished is the design sample for the Javi sweater--that's a little sneak peek you're getting up there. Now comes finalizing the pattern. As seen in this week's Tuesdays with Dory, this whole process can be tricky, particularly when it comes to maths. At least for me.

I've also been putting the finishing touches on another pattern that will be released soon, which I'm very excited about--an actual adult garment!

But mostly, I've been distracted by this:



The Fibre Company yarns are some of my favorites, and right now they're hosting a sweater design contest. As usual, I leapt before I looked, and got myself all worked up about this opportunity, crazy deadline (September 30!) and all.


I'm working with this yarn, Savannah, in the Persimmon colorway. It's a wool/cotton/linen/soya blend, but surprisingly soft, with subtle variations in tone. I've sketched and swatched and got a few inches on the needles, but there's a lot to be done and very little time to do it in. Wish me luck!

With all of this going on, my Finish Up progress has been limited to a few extra inches on my Cool Breeze cardigan, and a few repeats on Mom's now-Christmas socks. Still, we've got, what, a week and a half left in August? There's still time!

Don't forget to visit the MediaPeruana Designs group on Ravelry and share your summer finishing progress--or lack thereof.

No comments :