Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday Sampler: Mother's Day Gift Knits

(I enjoy doing these sampler posts, but the trouble is, they require the kind of aimless Internet wandering I have much less time for these days. Still, I will try to post them more frequently!)

So, Mother's Day is, astonishingly, 2 weeks away.

I know!

Stumped for gift ideas? Here are a few items you can finish in time!


With or without beads, Arroyo will be a hit--and it's free!

Photo courtesy of Alana Dakos

Alana Dakos' Cedar Leaf Shawlette is another great spring piece that's quick to knit in DK weight.


Photo courtesy of Knit Picks

And this is the one I'm going to attempt--from the Gloss Collection (featuring my Penny Vest), this sweet little Captivating Capelet should work up quickly in DK (and sans beads).

Photo courtesy of Anne Hanson

Anne Hanson's Fallberry Mitts will fend off a spring chill, despite the name. Another free pattern!

Photo courtesy of Susie Rogers

And you can't go wrong with Susie's Reading Mitts.

Photo courtesy of Jared Flood

Maybe it's still hat weather where you are? Try Jared Flood's Porom--airy enough for spring, but works up quickly in DK weight.

No comments :