Tuesday, July 17, 2007

a new project begins

I have some brown heathered lace weight yarn in my stash, so I've decided to try my first real lace project, The Frozen Lake shawl. I'm not sure I really understand the pattern/chart (all this talk of repeating full patterns and half patterns and panels--confusing!), but I'm going to give it a whirl. If it turns out well, it will be nice to keep in my new office--ok, cubicle--since I'm one of those people that's always cold. And if it doesn't turn out well . . . well, I guess we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
In other exciting news, CotLin has become available! So I ordered yarn for mom's tank and dad's socks yesterday. Both birthdays are next month, and my knitting exchange "due date" is early September, so I'll have plenty of projects to keep me busy through the rest of summer.
I've had a few readers ask about my progress bars, so I will admit to you all now that I've shamelessly stolen them from Lickety Knit. I guess it's not really stealing though, since she has posted the link to them right on her blog so anyone can use them. So have at it!
In sad/annoying news, today is my and my hubby's "dating" anniversary (we've been together 7 years! eek!), and he's away in Texas. Boo.

No comments :