Wednesday, August 29, 2007

keep on truckin'

I'm just plugging away at sock #2. I finished the top ribbing and am almost done the first pattern repeat (8 more to go!). I didn't get any knitting done on the way home yesterday because I couldn't get a seat on the stupid Metro (a very tall, very polite gentleman nearly knocked me unconscious with a rolled up newspaper in his rush to claim a seat that became available directly next to where I was hanging onto the overhead rail for dear life--have I mentioned how much I love the Metro?), but I did tackle a few rows this morning on the way in. I was planning to knit through lunch, but my co-workers forced me to have lunch with them instead. Probably a good thing, I'm pretty quiet and I really should be making more of an effort to get to know people. They deduced from this brief lunch that I don't know enough "malas palabras" in Spanish--guess I'd better work on that too. ;o)
Ravelry is too much fun. I've added a bunch of patterns to my queue that I know are way too advanced for me, but I'll get to them eventually. I also found a local knitting meetup, but unfortunately they meet at 7pm on Wednesday nights and I don't get home from work until 7 (if I'm lucky!). In perusing the site, I found out that one of my favorite knitbloggers is in Baltimore--I'm not sure why I find that important, I guess I just luuuurve my hometown so much.
I recently got the Spring 2007 Interweave Knits in the mail. Why Spring? That's a good question. I signed up in June for a free trial issue. Two months later, I had received 2 bills, but no issue. So I emailed customer service, who responded that I should've received the Spring issue by now. I always love when a customer service person tells you what should've happened "by now." Yes, I'm aware of what should've happened, why else would I be contacting you to tell you that it didn't happen? At any rate, about 2 days after that email, I finally received the Spring issue. Definitely some cute patterns, but I'm still up in the air about paying $25 for a full year--most of the patterns are too advanced for me at this point, and there are so many free patterns available in the world. . . yet, I know certain patterns are always becoming "all the rage" (ex: the Tilted Duster) and should one of those happen to catch my fancy, I wouldn't want to pay $5+ for one pattern when I could've had the entire issue for the same price.
I should have waiting patiently for me at home a fresh package from Knit Picks. I ordered the extra sock yarn (grrr), plus the yarn for the adult bonnet and the anthropologie-inspired capelet. Yay!

No comments :