Saturday, October 6, 2007

thinking of creative blog titles is too exhausting . . .

Hurrah! My two hellish weeks at work are over! Yesterday was the last day of a 2 week long meeting that required working late nights and on the weekends, but it's finally over, everyone is going back to their respective countries, and I will once again be working normal hours, sitting at my desk instead of in the freezing cold conference room listening to people argue for 9 hours straight . . .
Sadly, since the meeting took over my life, I haven't been knitting much, but I did finish the 2nd side of the Brea Bag; now I just need to do the gusset and then assemble the whole mess, which is the scary part. I need to get to the store to search out some fabric to line it, too. I also never got to place my big yarn order, but that will be happening this weekend.
I've been so excited for knitting fall-ish things and Christmas gifts, and I'm sad to say, the weather is not cooperating. It's been in the mid-to-upper 80s for the last few days and will be until the middle of next week! In general, I hate being cold, but when it's October, I expect cool weather, dammit! How can one get excited for Halloween when it feels like July? Stupid global warming . . .

No comments :