Sunday, February 22, 2009

hoarding

I don't know what it is about yarn. It just calls out to you. I finish maybe a project a month on average, and yet I've got yarn for at least 20 projects just sitting around, waiting patiently to be used.

So, I've decided that for Lent, I will be giving up buying yarn (for me, that is; I'm doing a few swaps, so I'll still be allowed to buy yarn for others. Also, I signed up for the Taste of Shivaya club, so I'll still be getting those . . . ). Sure, forty days isn't really that long, but lately it seems I can't go a week without ordering something. Case in point:

Jamieson Shetland Spindrift, Sunset

Jamieson Shetland Spindrift, Sunrise


Shivaya Winter Worsted (Taste of Shivaya February shipment)


Frog Tree Pima Silk


Mirasol Nuna, myrtle


Gedifra Shetland Deluxe, navy


These are my latest acquisitions, all gorgeous but completely unnecessary. They also don't fit in my yarn storage (which has grown to two 3-drawer plastic carts. Sigh.

I bought the Shetland Spindrift specifically to make the Selbu Modern hat. I have no plans to make this any time soon, but Never Not Knitting made the yarn sound so irresistible. Plus there was a discount! And free shipping!

My favorite of these recent purchases is definitely the Mirasol Nuna. It's 40% merino, 40% silk and 20% bamboo and the color is gorgeous. I don't know yet what it will become, other than something for ME.

But starting Wednesday, no yarn buying until April! Can I hold out and not sign up for the Fearless Fibers Whisper of Spring lace club before then? (DO WANT!) We'll see!

And oh yeah, I finished a sock!

Not a great job with that one gusset join, but otherwise, lovely, I think. Love the picot edge. Now to overcome second sock syndrome . . .

1 comment :

Knittymuggins said...

Ooooh, not buying yarn is so hard! But you can do it :)

Love the sock with the pictot trim. So cute!

knittymuggins