Monday, July 6, 2009

Secret Pal 14 questionnaire!!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?
I love most natural yarns, though pure cotton is a little rough on the hands. For summer knitting, I love cotton/bamboo blends and for winter, any soft wool or blends with wool, alpaca, silk, etc. Generally avoid synthetics. Love malabrigo, manos del Uruguay, Knit Picks merino style, and love to try new sock yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Good question. My interchangeable circs from Knit Picks are in their cozy binder, but my DPNs and other circs are a real mess all over the place.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for about 2 and 1/2 years; I taught myself with some books and online videos. I guess I would be intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon
Etsy
Loopy Ewe

5. What’s your favorite scent?
Hmmmm, it really depends on the time of year. When it’s warm I love lilac and beachy smells; when it’s cool, baked goods.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I certainly do! I especially like milk chocolate, caramels, and other rich candies. But I hate everything flavored orange.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Nope, no spinning. I occasionally draw and paint, rarely scrapbook. One of these days I’ll learn to crochet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music, everything from Miles Davis to Bing Crosby to the Beatles to Nirvana to the Killers to Amy Winehouse to Shakira. Just about everything but country. I’m definitely MP3 compatible.

9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I love blues and greens and dark reds and purples. I’m not a fan of neon brights, and no orange, unless it’s Orioles-related ;-)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have three very spoiled cats, no kids.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All except ponchos

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Oh, anything, when the mood strikes. but generally wearables, I’m not big on dishcloths or random tchotchkes that sit around collecting dust

13. What are you knitting right now?
Let’s see . . . a pair of socks, a baby blanket, a baby stuffed animal, a summer top and I’ve got a vest sort of on hold on the needles as well.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I rarely use straights anymore, definitely circs, aluminum or bamboo

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, both

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Sheesh, I don’t even want to think about it. Probably a Foliage hat I started and got lost on and need to rip out and start over. It’s from last October

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I LOVE Christmas, though I’m also quite fond of Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Matryoshka (Russian nesting dolls), Beatles LPs and paper/silk fans, when I can find them. And yarn. ;)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I’d love to get some of the Norah Gaughan volumes, the 2nd Mason Dixon knitting book, and any Brooklyn Tweed or KnitSpot patterns. I subscribe to Interweave; I had a Yarn Forward electronic subscription, but it *POOF* disappeared shortly after I signed up and since I’m between houses right now, I haven’t looked into the hard copy subscription.

21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I’d like to learn fair isle the right way—I’ve muddled my way through a few easy projects. Also steeking. and magic loop.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a (very slow but well-intentioned) sock knitter. I don’t know about the measurements, and since I’m at work and don’t need people thinking I’m weirder than they already do (as I whip out a ruler and start measuring my feet at my desk . . . ) I’ll just say I wear a size 7.5 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
October 15

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
Angel101580

No comments :