Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So long, 2009 . . .

I’m heading out tomorrow morning to celebrate the New Year in completely disconnected fashion, far away from technology, so here’s my quick “knitting year in review” post:

2009 FOs: 16

Adult sweaters: 2
Baby sweaters: 1
Baby blankets: 1
Toys: 1
Mittens/Gloves: 5
Cowls: 3
Scarves: 2
Socks: 1 stinkin’ pair



Sixteen wouldn’t be too bad, but 1 sweater, 2 scarves and 1 pair of gloves were really leftovers from 2008 that I finished up in early 2009. Hmph. And what remains on my needles? One baby blanket, a half-finished vest, a sock, and a hat. Although my hope is to finish the hat on my trip this weekend, so it may squeeze in just at the buzzer.

Did I meet any of my 2009 knitting goals? Just the one about learning to knit socks on two circs. I certainly didn't knit 4 sweaters, or learn fair isle. Ah well, there's always next year.

Welcome 2010!!

1 comment :

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Yes, there is always next year. Entrelac is one thing I didn't get to try this year. But you accomplished a lot of gorgeous knitting!