Friday, February 4, 2011

This little piggy . . .

Lately, I've been having dreams about babies. First, I had a dream that I needed to have a tonsilectomy and birth a baby the same day. So they knocked me out for the first procedure, and left me unconscious for the birth, so I woke up not knowing what kind of baby I had. It ended up being a girl, but it didn't much matter, because shortly thereafter, it turned into a cat.


Last night, my baby was growing at a ridiculous rate. Only a few days old and she was talking, and then after a year, she was around 6-years-old. Then she had to be studied for being an obvious freak of nature, and she wasn't too happy about it, so she organized a riot at the freak-of-nature camp.


Thoughts? Yeah, I don't know either.


I don't really have a segway from that rambling into my knitting, so let's just jump in. First, I'd like to introduce a new member of the menagerie, Percival:




Percival was super quick to knit, just using some scrap yarn. I used worsted because that's what I had on hand, but any weight will do, it just depends on how big or small you want your piggy to be. I think this one took all of 45 minutes.



As far as useful knitting, I've finished yet another hat (I wonder if people are secretly amazed at my extensive hat wardrobe. Probably not.) Here's a little preview, until I can get some good photos of me actually wearing the hat:


picnikfile_ZAkme3


And I'm really working hard on a design! My scarf design is on the backburner, but this new one is moving along quickly, and I have high hopes. Stay tuned!