Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pattern: Deep Creek cowl

Last time I gave you a sneak peak of what I said was my new design--and it is!--but what I didn't tell you is that I have another new design as well! And I'm going to release this one first while the other finishes making the rounds through pattern testing.


Pattern details:

Yarn: approx 150 yds aran or bulky weight
Needles: US size 10, 24" circular or DPNs
Gauge: Irrelevant!

This is a quick-to-knit cowl perfect for a skein of extra-squooshy, chunky yarn--I used madelinetosh tosh chunky (colorway: Olivia). The stitch pattern is simple and easy to memorize, and creates a snuggly, unisex cowl. Check out my handsome model:

IMG_4492

The ribbing in the design pulls the fabric in toward your neck (be sure not to block the cowl aggressively, just a light spritz with some water to even out stitches should suffice), and it's got plenty of stretch to accommodate various noggin sizes. 

This one isn't lightweight, it's designed to keep you warm through fall and winter. Use an extra-soft yarn and you'll never want to take it off!


Download this cowl pattern here.

1 comment :

Clumsy Knitter said...

Oooh...that color is to die for, and I love the stitch pattern you chose, too! Too bad bulky cowls would make me overheat down here. LOL