Monday, September 17, 2012

On Mexico City

And we're back in action! A quick trip to Mexico City for work, but now home and back to business. A few things about Mexico City (or Mexico DF--believe it or not, Mexicans don't call it Mexico City):
  • Mexico City is home to almost 9 million people, even bigger than NYC, and most of them seem to spend their days wandering the streets aimlessly. So. very. crowded.
  • It smells like an open sewer.
  • They will ruin guacamole by topping it with FRIED CRICKETS.
Sadly, I don't have much good to say about the DF--I wish I did, but I'm just not a fan of crowds and smog. Less so pregnant--I can't enjoy a michelada or go out dancing in smoky bars. This was my second trip there, and I did do a few touristy things the first time around (if you find yourself in the DF, you should certainly visit the Zocalo and the Templo Mayor, and the boats in Xochimilco are fun), but this time, it was in and out in 3 days, work only. No photos, even.

I'm thrilled to be back home as we head into fall. Hard to believe September is half over!

I'm also thrilled to announce that I'll be releasing a new pattern tomorrow! In fact, Dory is letting me take over her usual Tuesday spot to do it. So keep an eye out. It's called Chispas, and it's perfect for fall.

And speaking of Dory, look who I caught actually using her cat bed:

Untitled

1 comment :

Angie said...

You really, really needed a local to show you around. And if it is a local knitter, better.
It's Angiejude from Ravelry (HPKCHC), btw.
Next time you're here in Mexico, let me know!! I always haver time to show people around. And you will like my city... you just need to know where to look :)