Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Sampler: 2014, Year of the Pullover

If you follow me on Twitter (and you should, because I say a lot of random things that may or may not be amusing), you know that the other day, I declared 2014 the Year of the Pullover. My focus in 2013 (and most other years) has been cardigans, so I think it's time the pullover got a fair chance.

And I'm already picking out sweaters to knit. Check them out, maybe you'll want to join me to celebrate the Year of the Pullover next year!

I Heart Aran
Photo courtesy of Tanis Lavallee

I Heart Aran, by Tanis Lavallee

I just love the way the cables pop on this piece. It looks so cozy, perfect for winter.


Photo courtesy of Interweave Knits

Midsummer Aran, by Ginevra Martin

A Maryland summer is WAY too hot for sleeves, but this would definitely work for spring.


Photo courtesy of Gudrun Johnson

Amelie, by Gudrun Johnson

But speaking of summer, a short-sleeved piece like this would work for cooler evenings.


Photo courtesy of knitty.com

Sophia Loren, by Kathleen Lawton-Trask

And then we move back into fall with this gorgeous colorwork beauty, just published in Knitty Deep Fall!


Fiddlehead Sweater from Kelbourne Woolens
Photo courtesy of The Purl Bee

Baby Fiddlehead Pullover, from Kelbourne Woolens


 Photo courtesy of Three Irish Girls

Parterre Cabled Pullover, by Judy Kaethler

And we can't forget the baby! Two sweet baby pullovers to throw into the mix.


Any pullovers idling in your queue?


No comments :