Monday, January 27, 2014

Penny Vest: 3 Ways


 When a new knitting pattern catches my eye, one of the first things I do is try to imagine how I would wear it. What would it go with? Dress up? Casual? Professional? How will this piece fit into my life--and my wardrobe? If I don't have any good answers, then I probably won't knit it, even if it's gorgeous.

It's little wonder that the new trend of designers "styling" their handknits has caught my attention. Seeing a knit worn in several different styles can be quite eye-opening. The right skirt can really dress up a sweater, or jeans and boots can make a lacy shawl more casual. But sometimes you need a little help to imagine the possibilities.

So without further ado, I present Penny Vest: 3 Ways.

Penny Vest - Spring Casual


Spring is in the air! No, it's really not. Tomorrow's high is 17. But I have it on good authority that spring IS coming. Eventually.

Wear Penny as a camisole, with a girlie pink skirt, denim jacket to give it a rough edge, and simple flats. A chunky bracelet finishes the look.

Penny Vest - Office

Penny can work in a professional setting (assuming your office isn't too stuffy). Try a dark gray pencil skirt, strappy heels in a matching shade, and rose gold accessories for a dressy finish.



And then before you know it, it's fall again. Before you have to really bundle up, try layering Penny over a button down. Jeans and riding boots keep it casual, and a light infinite scarf fends off any early chill.

(Click through any of the photos for more details on the featured clothes and accessories.)

So what do you think? Do you like the "styling" trend? Would you like to see more of it here?

No comments :