Saturday, September 8, 2007

oui, tout a fait, c'est le chapeau marnier!

Voila! (Side note: you know what I really hate? When people have no idea that "voila" is a French word and think it's just, I don't know, a funny sound, and then they try to type it out like, "wah-lah!" or something equally ridiculous.)
Here she is, Chapeau Marnier:

I absolutely adore this hat. We had some tough moments in the beginning (see previous post about my inexplicable decision to read the chart 10 kinds of wrong ways), but it turned out really well (my only complaint: loops for the ribbon are too small; not really understanding how they were going to work, I wrapped the yarn too tightly). I had to ship it off to my Knit Knack swap buddy this afternoon, and I sorely miss it already--I hope she loves it! I will definitely be making one for myself in the very near future. I used Knit Picks Gloss for this, and I think it was a great choice. It's 70% wool, 30% silk, so the hat is warm, but not too warm, and it's nice and soft; it's fingering weight yarn, so it's not a bulky hat either. Unfortunately, Gloss only comes in about 8 colors.
The bad part of this hat: the needle. As I posted earlier, I purchased an apparently cheap circular, and then had to spend a great deal of valuable knitting time wiggling the stitches over the needles. I will definitely be purchasing the highly recommended Addi Turbos before I make my own hat.
Today I shipped off my swap buddy's goodies, as well as a box of yarn for a yarn swap, so that means next week I'll be getting TWO surprise packages myself. YAY! I can't wait. :o)

3 comments :

Sheryl aka: KNITIDIOT said...

It is beautiful!!!

I need to find me a swap...yarn or knitted items! I love getting mail.

Unknown said...

OMG that's so awesome! maybe i should make it for my mom's birthday? you did a beautiful job, i can only hope that if i decide to make on, it's looks as good as yours.

Lolly said...

The hat is so pretty! great color :)

I found you on Ravelry - I am in Columbia too!