Saturday, January 10, 2009

Warm Ewe Up bi-weekly blog question #2

If you could only knit or crochet with one brand of yarn for the rest of the year, what would it be and why?

Hmmm . . . I think I'm going to go with Manos del Uruguay. Their silk blend is just divine and the wool clasica knits up so interestingly. Plus it's produced by a women's cooperative. Having had the opportunity to visit some cooperatives in Nicaragua, I know these kinds of organizations can play an important role in developing a community and providing steady income for people who might otherwise struggle to find work.


Finally got a project off the needles, and also want to rave about Wool Girl, so I'll post again soon, promise!

1 comment :

Mrs. Homesteader said...

oooh, that's a good one! I'm having a really hard time thinking of mine....