Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Sampler: Knitting with Beads

I'm not a beaded knitter myself--yet--and the prospect seems rather fiddly to me. But I can't deny there are some gorgeous beaded knitting projects out there. And maybe some day, I'll be ready to challenge myself. Here are a few beaded knitting project ideas that have caught my eye lately:


Tibetan Shawl, by Sivia Harding

Source: knitty.com via Kristen on Pinterest

Bitterroot, from Romi Hill

Source: knitty.com via Kristen on Pinterest

Kernel Scarf, by Bonnie Sennott
(which I think would also be great without beads)

Source: knitty.com via Kristen on Pinterest

Aeolian shawl, by Elizabeth Freeman

Laura Naylor's Faberge


Mica Tam, by Laura Nelkin

And if you want to learn to bead, you can take a class through Craftsy, with Laura Nelkin herself!

Source: craftsy.com via Kristen on Pinterest

1 comment :

Sava said...

I've had my eye on that Aeolian for a while, but I'm also a little intimidated by the beads!