Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday Sampler: St. Patty's Day edition

Once upon a time, in my younger days, St. Patrick's Day was about drinking. It occurs just as the weather is starting to warm up around here, and bar crawls were THE way to celebrate.

These days . . . not so much. I might have a Guinness, I suppose. Maybe make some kind of Irish dish. Sounds . . . rather lame. So I thought I'd look into some other non-booze-related ways to celebrate. Here's what I found.


First, there's still plenty of chill in the air, so keep warm with this Irish Cabled neckwarmer, by Angie Hartley.



Festive cookies! 



And mint fudge! 



Irish soda bread is a must have, of course. 



If you crochet, you can Irish-up your coffee. 



Just kidding about the no booze thing--homemade Irish liqueur. 

Source: etsy.com via Sammi on Pinterest

A quick way to Irish-up your house.


 Or celebrate with some green yarn--Emerald Isle, from Wandering Wool.

How do you celebrate everyone's favorite drinking holiday?

1 comment :

Joelle said...

Thanks for the mention! Green yarn is one of my favorite ways to celebrate the holiday...