Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Knitsolutions

I don't want to go crazy with "knitsolutions" this year because, let's face, I'm having a baby in about 6 weeks, and babies change everything.

To be honest, we haven't even managed to figure out what, exactly, we're going to do with the baby after my maternity leave ends. It would be lovely to stay home with our little one (and in my head, that would mean more knitting time; in reality, who knows?), but I also like buying things. For example, food. I've also grown fond of having a roof over my head. I'm working to expand my freelance translation biz, as well as MediaPeruana Designs and related projects, but it's a slow slog.

So basically, 2013 is a total crap shoot at this point.

Still, let's be optimistic. 2013 may be a mystery, but it could definitely be a banner year!

First, knitting!

I'm going to attempt to stash down again in 2013, hopefully with more success this time, and have a couple of specific projects I'm determined to complete.

First, for a brief period in your child's life, mostly before he learns to talk, you can basically force him to wear whatever crazy things you want. This is THE time for handknits, and specifically, for coordinating mommy-and-son cardigans:

 Snagged from Tanis Fiber Arts

I've bought the sweater kit (in the Warm Breeze palette), so this project is a go, as soon as I get the yarn wound.

 Snagged from Connie Chang Chinchio.

I'm also ready to get started on a Wee Austin Hoodie.

And I'm bound and determined to FINALLY finish my Deep V Argyle Vest.

I'm serious this time!


I also have 2 new challenges ahead of me: wheel spinning and sewing. Not to mention getting a better handle on spindle spinning.

I sure hope I invent a time turner in 2013 . . .


As for designs, I can promise at least 2. A soon-to-be-revealed yarn company is releasing a new sock pattern of mine in 2013, and I've signed on to design my first, real live garment pattern, which will make its debut in late 2013 (though the deadline is in March--better get cracking!).

I certainly hope to release many more patterns in 2013. Let's see what the year holds in store!

And to get the year off on the right foot, let's have a New Year promo! Now through January 15, buy any 1 pattern from my pattern store, and get a 2nd pattern FREE, with the code NEWYEAR. (It's a super deal, so only 1 coupon per customer.) If you've been delaying a purchase, now's the time!


Today is the last day for my WIP in the New Year goal--check in tomorrow to see how I fared!

No comments :