Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Sampler: Open a Book

We got some snow yesterday! ONE entire inch! I can't even fathom how long it will take us to dig out . . .

Before I discovered knitting, snow days and lazy weekends were spent reading. If you're snowed in during an actual storm, or just lounging at home for a relaxing weekend, here are few books that are on my to-read list:



1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created
A look at the "new world" just after Columbus' arrival. This is right up my alley.


How Do You Tuck In a Superhero?: And Other Delightful Mysteries of Raising Boys (Spire Books)
Hmmm, I guess this one might not apply to everyone, but it comes highly recommended.


Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
A good World War II saga is always a winner.


I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats
Bahahaha! Just for the title.



Loved the first book in this trilogy, can't wait to continue!


So, what are you reading this week?

No comments :